The future is already here! Artists create NFT paintings, designers hold fashion shows without models on the web. What about marketing? Smart technologies penetrate deeper and deeper into it, making the life of a marketer more interesting. We collected the main about 4 technologies that should be used in marketing in 2022. Marketing Technologies in 2022
Marketing Technologies in 2022 – Buyable Media
We are talking about content that has the ability to purchase a product without leaving the site or application. The key idea is to satisfy the immediate desire to buy the product while watching the content.
Let’s take a classic blog as an example. The user saw an advertisement for the product he needed in the article. Then he follows the link, registers in the online store, adds the product to the cart, and only after that makes a purchase. On his way, he may encounter a lot of obstacles: slow loading of the site, a long registration procedure, difficulties in placing an order, an inconvenient form of payment. As a result, a decrease in the likelihood of a purchase and loss of a client.
Shoppable media shortens the user journey and increases the likelihood of getting a ticket. All that is required from the client is to click on the button, add the product to the cart and continue reading the article or watching the movie.
The technology is already being used by popular platforms and major brands. The Inmyroom platform places offers for the purchase of goods in each article. In 2021, Sber announced the SberBox media console with the ability to buy tickets while watching a movie , and Instagram opened the Instagram Shopping option for all Russian users. There is even a separate plugin for WordPress that allows you to place products in articles on your site.
Marketing Technologies in 2022 – Mobile Wallets
Consumer dependence on apps and digital services has skyrocketed since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the Cisco AppDynamics App Attention Index , people are using digital services and apps 30% more than before the pandemic. At the same time, the number of mobile payments using mobile wallets on smartphones is increasing.Create adDisable adsMarketingHow to bring a product to market safelyOr, more simply, how to create strategies that make customers buy?
Wallet applications allow you to keep bank and bonus cards, tickets, travel cards in your phone. In addition to storage and payment, wallets have functions for notifying about expiring coupons and new promotions. The most famous wallet applications are Apple Wallet, Google Pay, Stocard, Wallet, QIWI Bonus.
From a marketing standpoint, mobile wallets can be another channel for increasing customer loyalty through the convenience of storing loyalty cards and coupons, as well as a notification system to remind you when promotions expire.
Marketing Technologies in 2022 – Artificial Intelligence
Perhaps one of the most obvious and discussed trends. Artificial intelligence (AI) is gradually penetrating into all areas of business. It is actively used by many large brands: Yandex launches the Balabol service , Sberbank is a neural network that generates pictures , Tinkoff Bank has a telephone assistant Oleg, and Siri and Alice have been an integral part of many people’s lives for several years.
Artificial intelligence can greatly change marketing for the better:
- analysis of the behavior, preferences and intentions of customers using AI allows you to make more personalized advertising;
- AI-powered chatbots improve customer experiences across all channels in real time. They recognize user intent and context in order to provide an appropriate response or recommendation;
- in combination with targeting tools and analytics systems, artificial intelligence helps to more accurately determine the target audience and reduce advertising costs;
- speech analytics (based on speech recognition technology) analyzes intonation in a telephone conversation, finds problematic moments in communication with a client. For example, when the operator interrupts the client, one of the interlocutors is silent for a long time or speaks negatively. With the help of such an analysis, you can quickly detect a conflict situation and respond in a timely manner.
AI also helps in solving content marketing problems: eBay personalized email newsletters, Facebook ads and push notifications using the Phrasee service, and Sleep Tomorrow Sleep, using the MarketMuse platform, found gaps in its content plan and new topics that really excite the target audience of the brand. As a result, traffic to the Sleep Tomorrow Sleep site increased from 4,000 to 400,000 visits per month.
Marketing Technologies in 2022 – Customer Data Platforms
Retaining a customer is cheaper than acquiring a new one – have you heard of this? From year to year, marketers from different companies develop and implement user retention strategies. The difficulty is that the same client can interact with the brand from different devices and through different channels.
For each of the channels, the marketer receives the most valuable type of data – first-party data, first-person information provided by the users themselves. These are demographics, preferences, and interests. Using first-party data, the company formulates relevant offers and how they are transmitted to the recipient. But as long as the information from different channels is scattered and not united around one contact, it will not help to retain the client.
Customer data platforms (Customer Data Platforms or CDP) can solve the problem . They identify the user through any interaction channel and collect a detailed and accurate portrait of the client in a single profile. CDP combines the benefits of DMP (Data Management Platform) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
CDP collects real-time customer data and forms a so-called 360 customer profile. With its help, a company can conduct RFM analysis, create personalized selections of products in email newsletters (for example, send products from a client’s search history), remind about products in favorites , see the full history of cooperation with customers and so on.
The platform easily adapts to specific business tasks, whether it is an increase in the number of repeat purchases or the creation of a list of similar products.
- Buyable or Shoppable media can be tested without leaving your Instagram account. They shorten the user journey and increase the likelihood of making a purchase;
- Users are increasingly using mobile wallets to store bank and gift cards, coupons and tickets. For brands, this is an additional tool to increase customer loyalty: using notifications in the application, you can be reminded of promotions and sales;
- Artificial intelligence is able to take a company’s marketing to a new level, increase its effectiveness and, in general, save resources. For example, to automate personal appeals to customers in email newsletters and push notifications, using speech analytics to timely identify negative feedback from the client or more accurately determine the target audience and reduce advertising costs;
- Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) help with customer retention by aggregating customer information from different channels and allowing you to customize different communication scenarios.